Community of agglomeration of Yvelines, in the Ile-de-France, Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines is located near Versailles, about twenty kilometers south-west of Paris. It brings together a dozen municipalities, Elancourt, Montigny-le-Bretonneux, Trappes or pleasure. It takes its name from St. Quentin chapel in which are located the remains of St. Quentin. Populated with over 220 000 inhabitants, it is a new city that has managed to grow over the years, since its inception in the early 1970s.
Member of Cities and Regions of Art and History, Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines gives the opportunity to enjoy a modern and cultural heritage of the most important. Museums and monuments of all kinds are galore in this new city he is nice to spend some holidays.
Things to Do
- Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines has a number of major museums, as well as architectural and industrial heritage which is not without interest. Major place of Jansenism, the Port-Royal National Museum Champs settled on a site founded in the early thirteenth century. It is housed in a mansion of the nineteenth century and has a fine collection of paintings and manuscripts. Visits are possible in the loft as well as the historical museum of the abbey.
- The Commandery of Knights Templar of Villedieu was founded by the Knights Templar in the twelfth century. It remains today as the Gothic chapel millstone and the buildings erected by the Hospitallers of Saint John of Jerusalem. Restored, they regularly house temporary exhibitions.
- The Museum of the City of Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines helps in learning more about the history of this territory with themed tours and workshops. various collections on the themes of history, architecture, urban planning, design or traditions can discover Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines.
- The House of Happiness, which once housed Rosa and Raymond Auguste, now has many art exhibitions, as well as meetings with artists.
- Walking through the new town, one can discover the original battery Bouviers, a military work of the late nineteenth century, today transformed into Café Music.
Places to Dine
- Le Bistrot de l'Échanson - Cuisine base products frais,fait maison, chef Mathieu Laville
- L'Oliveto - Located in Place Georges Pompidou, opposite the theater of Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines , the Oliveto welcomes you in a contemporary and neat setting. The luminous decor, the friendly welcome and the intimate atmosphere will transport you in the Tuscan countryside, scents of olive trees guaranteed! You will taste traditional Italian cuisine and tasty. Suggestions: paccheri with prawns and salsiccia, jagliolini with cream of black truffles or carpaccio of the sea, a real happiness for your taste buds.
- Plein Sud - Sunny destination - In the pretty town of Saint-Cyr-l'Ecole, there is an equally lovely gourmet address, the traditional restaurant, Plein Sud. Plein Sud-Ouest - This is a cuisine of terroir that proposes to you the Head of the Plein Sud, direction the South-West of France. Foie gras, gizzards, smoked salmon, Charolais meat or duck breast ... as many delicious and delicious dishes as you will taste with a certain emotion.